tirsdag den 20. november 2012

My new hood

After almost two months living with my Senegalese family, I have moved to a new place. The long distance between work and home became a bit too much for me. Going home in rush hour could take more than two hours! Furthermore, for a Danish, independent girl, living in a family where you do EVERYTHING together (Senegalese style!!) was fun and interesting, and has for sure been a cultural kick starter, but it was not a sustainable solution. I like my 'private space' now and then, and that kind of space just doesn't exist here. So when a colleague told me that she had a spare room in her apartment situated close to the centre and my office, I decided to try something new. Here I have my own little room, and then share kitchen, living room and bathroom with my two roomies. Frankly speaking, the neighbourhood is quite chaotic and trashy, but people are nice and friendly. I already know the neighbours and they often invite me over for dinner or stop by for a small chat in the evening. Best of all is that I can walk to work!





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar